The Pearl of the Caribbean is without a doubt one of the most beautiful cities in Latin America. The
historic downtow, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1984th. During the colonial era Cartagena served as a trading center for gold,
silver, pearls and represented the largest slave market in the continent . Cartagena de Indias was the scene of numerous pirate attacks.
You can admire the imposing fortress of San Felipe de Barajas, the biggest built by the Spanish on
American ground. The area around Cartagena offers paradisiacal islands like Rosario and San Bernardo Archipelago.
ROGRAM AND SERVICES
- Welcome at the airport by a tour guide and transfer to the hotel
- Private City Tour in Cartagena with visit to San Felipe de Barajas Fort, the largest fortress ever built by the Spaniards in America. Later, enjoy the great view of Cartagena
from La Popa Monastery. We go on a guided walking tour through streets, plazas and churches of the Old Town.
- Free day. In the evening (time can be changed) carriage ride through the historic city center (40
Possible Optional day trips for Day 2:
- Group excursion to the Rosario Islands (Isla Cocoliso)
- Private trip to San Basilio de Palenque that corner of Africa in Colombia
- Private excursion to the mud volcano El Totumo
- Private Canoe ride and bird watching in the Ciénaga de la Virgen
- Transfer to the airport
2 nights including breakfast, all transfers in air-conditioned vehicles, entrance fees, guide services
in Spanish, English or German, insurance.
Optional excursions, personal expenses, tips.
Availability: every day
Starting point: the airport in Cartagena. Upon request and at an additional cost from Santa Marta, Barranquilla or other cities of
High season: December 15 to January 15 and Easter Week
Low season: Rest of the year