Vorwort > Reisebausteine und Preise > Bilder > Mögliche Kombinationen > Anfragen > Lage
The Ecolodge El Matuy is located about 70 km east of the city of Santa Marta. It lies delightfully on the caribbean beach and close to the rivers Palomino and San Salvador. It is a perfect place
to unwind. Birds, wind and sea provide an infinite concert. There is no electricity and the lighting with candlelight makes El Matuy a magical place. The beautiful bungalows are nestled in palms,
are spacious and have a huge outdoor bathroom. Los Flamencos is located near the nature reserve and bird reserve. The National Park Tairona and the waterfall Quebrada Valencia are also near the
ecolodge. 25mins walk along the beach takes you to the mouth of the San Salvador river in the Caribbean. With a little luck you will see the snow-capped peaks of the Sierra Nevada de Santa
Marta. You will be pampered in El Matuy with delicious food. A nice ending for your Columbia trip.
- Our driver will pick you up in Santa Marta from the hotel (or airport). The journey through the foothills of the Sierra Nevada to the Ecolodge El Matuy takes about 1.5 hours.
- After check-in you have the rest of the day. We recommend a beach-walks to mouth of the river San Salvador in the Caribbean (about 25 minutes). Here you can decide between saltwater and
freshwater, and with a little luck you have views of the snowcapped peaks of the Sierra Nevada. ,
- After breakfast we go with you to the flora and fauna reserve SFF Los Flamencos, near Camarones. Here we take a canoe ride and discover the interesting bird life around. Among other things, we
can watch Flamencos..
- After Camarones we travel to Riohacha, capital of the province Guajira. We discover the city during a short city tour.
- Then we visit a typical Ranchería, where your learn everything about the Wayúu Indians, their history and cultur. The Wayúus represent about half the population of the department of Guajira and
are the largest indigenous people of Colombia.
- In the afternoon we go back to the Ecolodge El Matuy.
- After lunch we start the drive back to Santa Marta. Optional: we can also take you to Barranquilla or Cartagena.
2 nights with full board in cozy bungalows in El Matuy, private transfers from Santa Marta in air-conditioned vehicles, All entrance fees, guide services (Spanish) on day 2 (optional English or
Travel guide in English or German (optional), personal expenses, tips
PRICE ON REQUEST
About the Ecolodge: In the Ecolodge El Matuy there is no electricity.
Availability: daily from 09.00 clock.
Starting point: the airport or hotel in Santa Marta. With an additional is possible from Cartagena or Barranquilla.
High season: December 15 to January 15 and Easter Week
Low season: Rest of the year